If you are applying for new service or transferring an existing service into your name,
scroll down to fill out the application online.
Garkane will provide you with the best possible electric service at the lowest possible rate. As a account holder of Garkane Energy you will be a part-owner (Member-Owner) of an electric cooperative.
If you are new to the area, purchasing a home, or renting a home, please download the application and bring it into the nearest business office or if you scroll down, you can fill out the application online.
DOWNLOAD ACCOUNT APPLICATION
- Electric / Account Service Application (printable form)
- There will be a $50 connection fee that will be billed on your first statement.
- Deposit will be $170 and is due at the time of applying. The deposit can be waived if you can provide a letter of credit from your previous utility company.
APPLICATION FOR SERVICE
Fill out the following information for service. By adding your name in the signature field, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
The undersigned (hereinafter called ("applicant") hereby applies for membership in and agrees to purchase electric energy from Garkane Energy Cooperative, Inc. (hereinafter called the "Cooperative") upon the following terms and conditions:
1. Applicant will comply with and be bound by the provisions of the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws of the Cooperative, and such rules and regulations as may from time to time be adopted by the Cooperative.
2. Applicant assumes no personal liability or responsibility for any debts or liabilities of the Cooperative, and it is expressly understood that under the law his/her private property is exempt from execution for any such debts or liabilities.
3. Applicant understands and agrees that he will not become a Member of the Cooperative unless and until this application is expressly accepted by the Board of Directors.
4. Applicant agrees to make all payments to the Cooperative at one of its Business Offices or at such other location as designated by the Cooperative. If legal suit is commenced to collect amounts due the Cooperative, Applicant agrees and acknowledges that such action may be filed, at the option of the Cooperative, in any county in which services were received by Applicant with all costs incurred in collecting the same including court costs and attorney fees to be paid by Applicant.
5. Consistent with the Cooperative's Bylaws, Applicant, as property owner, hereby grants to the Cooperative rights-of-way to place, construct, operate, maintain and replace power lines and equipment associated with the provision of electricity, and to cut and trim trees and shrubbery to keep them clear of power lines, consistent with prudent utility practice, including the excavation, replacement, and repair of underground facilities.
6. Applicant hereby grants the Cooperative authority to communicate timely information about service interruptions, outage restoration efforts, and other account notices through text by phone, email, and other communication channels.
7. There is a $50 account setup fee, which will be billed on your first statement.
8. A security deposit will be required in the amount of $170, or an estimate of three months service, whichever is greater for a residential service.
9. When a portion of a dwelling is used regularly for business, professional or gainful purposes, the premises will be classified non-residential and the appropriate schedule applied.
10. Members must receive approval from Garkane before beginning construction of a utility connected distributed generation system (solar, wind, etc.) or utility connected battery storage system. Failure to receive written approval shall constitute grounds for immediate disconnection for safety reasons, and will incur a $300 call out fee.
Once you have sent your application, please allow 30 minutes for processing before contacting any Garkane office.
If you need Propane service from Garkane, please click this link to create a Propane account. https://myfuelaccount.com/garkane