About Garkane Energy
What Makes Garkane Energy Cooperative Different
(Why We Exist)
Garkane Energy is a member-owned cooperative, whose mission is to provide superior, responsive customer service, while cultivating a culture of safety in a manner that builds trust among its members and employees alike. We seek to provide our members with energy services of value at fair prices, thereby improving their quality of life. Our mission also includes providing professional development opportunities for the organization’s employees and to keep a balance between the needs of the cooperative’s members and employees.
(Where We Are Going)
Garkane will actively promote efficient electricity use, energy conservation and responsible renewable energy. We will focus on industry best operating practices and be accountable to our members to gain their trust. Garkane will be a catalyst to stimulate the economy of our service territory and to promote the quality of life for our members. Every employee/member interaction will end with a positive conclusion.
(How We Act)
The Core Values are used to guide Garkane’s interactions with others as well as with one another as we live our mission and move toward our vision of the future. Through these values, we will show how we value our member-owners and our employees, while protecting our member-owner resources. These values agree with The Seven Cooperative Principles.
- Respectful and Courteous- Measure all our interactions with these values
- Integrity – maintain trust
- Transparency – our actions are open
- Safety – no accidents
- Reliability – power always available for our member/owner’s needs
- Accountability – we are responsible for the results of our actions
- Responsive – we act on issues
- Charitable – we give back to our community
- Protect resources – we will protect our member/owner’s resources
- Value - we value employees/member/owners